Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fall 2013 November 12 Tuesday

50 degrees, very windy.  Walked but decided not to cycle due to wind.  Also, the weather showed a small possible rain cloud in about 40 minutes of when I checked.  (It never rained).  
Coming back after a 3-day weekend is an exercise in getting started, including getting everyone else started!  However, it will be a busy week with  meetings every night, and some busy daytime schedules also.
The leaves went fast this year, at least they turned fast, to a brilliant array of colors.  They seem to be staying on the trees for a reasonable period of time.  The wind today may take care of a lot of them.
I am developing a collection of "obsolete" electronics.  I can use the old phones and iPad for iPods (music, audio books etc.), I am amazed at the battery life in my "shuffle" iPads (I don't recall which generation, but they are gumstick size more or less).  I have an old "3" iPhone (my original) a 3S (Aliene's) an iPad 1 (which works great, it is just obsolete, except for music and books and some internet access at meetings etc.), 5 shuffles (1 battery is out), an iMac G5 (pre Intel) and a MacBook, which I am giving to my Granddaughter.  As I mentioned previously, I have a very difficult time getting ride of stuff!  However they are good for a lot of things and are small, unlike books, furniture and old clothes.  

No comments: