Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fall 2013 November 30 Saturday

41 degrees.
Saturday morning, Thanksgiving Holidays are over, weekend begins!
Missed the opportunity for a trial period of all of the upgrades available for Wordpress.  Didn't even notice the blog until early this morning (Saturday) and it was only available Friday.  I would like to try upgrades to this (Wordpress) and now would be a good time.  Hopefully they will extend it.
I actually am clearing my calendar of all work related meetings etc.  It is strange to think that next week I will actually have a free day (although not until Thursday, since I have other meetings, medical, appointments, training etc. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Probably will seem even stranger to not be in a hurry to get back to the office after work.
Thinking some more on comments about "not personal just business" statements.  The more I think about it, the more I wonder about the ethics and morality of someone who would make such a statement.  Eliminating the "personal" from decisions is a cop-out and a sign of failure to think.  The same decision can be made, just consider all aspects of what you are doing.
I wonder where popular sayings come from and how they become popular.  For some time now, no matter what part of the country, I hear a lot about "throwing someone under the bus" and "drinking his/her kool aid".  All ages, all parts of the country, all cultures are using these expressions.  I thought it was just the situation in Lakeland (where a lot of people were getting "thrown under the bus" and a lot of people were "drinking the kook-aid", but it is all over.  One day, they will suddenly become old hat and anyone using the term will be looked at with alarm.
Didn't pay a lot of attention to "black Friday" sales.  I did find a good sale on a "Fittbitt Force" that I wanted (saved about $35 from Walgreens, plus  $5 from Discover card.  I have been wanting to try it for a long time, but decided to wait on buying the "Fitbitt One" (or maybe the "Fitbitt Flex, I never can keep them straight) until an upgrade came out, since they had been out for awhile.
Apple products now have websites that will advise you when to buy a product based on the product cycle.  After getting burned on Apple products for years (buying my iMac5 right before they went to Intel, my Macbook right before something else etc.), I have found them accurate and I just won't buy an Apple product after a certain period of time since they have no compunction about throwing you under the bus (how about that, I used it!) and making a product you just purchased obsolete.  Of course, I have long drank Apple's kook-aid (two in the same paragraph!), so I have to play the game.
I really love the Apple service.  I subscribe to the "1 to 1" program, which means a year of education on Apple programs.  For the most part, the advisors are outstanding and really dedicated.  Makes you feel good to know that someone is actually trying to do a good job.
Speaking of bad work,  home repair contractors etc. must be the worst.  Don't show up, don't call back, do bad work and won't fix it (In my opinion, English Garden, a landscape company, is a prime example of never coming back to fix inferior work).
Went swimming.  Wonderful Pool.  Spa was out of order, which was disappointing, but still a nice swim.

No comments: