Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Fall 2013 Tuesday, November 5

53 degrees.  Light rain when we started driving to Lakeland from Columbia, Missouri.  I hate driving in the rain, but this wasn't too bad.  Heavy traffic in St. Louis, no problems after getting out of St. Louis and the rain stopped.  Amazing fall colors, some bright reds.
I like driving, as long as I don't get sleepy.  I normally stop every hour or so and take a 5 minute or so nap and am absolutely refreshed.  The little bit of "down time" is just want I need.  This was a long trip, over 1400 miles.  It was interesting and fun, but I am glad to be back home and back to work.  I will be glad to get back into my exercise routine, it is hard to keep it up while I am out of town.
Monday is Veterans Day.  I will always remember Veterans Day as the day I got my first "regular PC computer".  I believe it was 11-11-86 when I bought it and he grandly devised me that "I didn't need a hard disk for awhile."!  Later I got a 10 mg hard disk which gave me plenty of room! (I had early had a Vic 20 and Vic 64 which was fun).
Later. on December 24, 1989 (i believe) I bought a Radio Shack PC laptop, my first laptop.  
My next computer was about a 3 generation jump.  Then in 2006, I started using Apple computers.
Good to be home.  Also good to have a 3 day weekend (Veterans Day)  

No comments: