Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fall 2013: November 27 Wednesdy


30 degrees this morning. 
"The World Without End Is Ending" showed it's fact last night as my association as City Manager with the City of Lakeland ended last night.  It obviously was headed that way after the election.  There is a sense of freedom also, but oddly enough I don't have a lot more to say about it.
I will always  remember and appreciate the residents who showed up at the meeting, who called, e-mailed or visited or all of those.  They will always hold a special place in my heart.
I was pleased today to receive a number of e-mails from people telling me I'll be missed.  Certainly I will miss Lakeland and the residents of Lakeland.  There are some wonderful people here.  Of course, I am a resident and will remain a resident until and if I move.
Thanksgiving always brings back some special memories, probably more than I have about Christmas.  I"ll make a note of some of them over the weekend.
Change is a little like swimming across the river.  It is tough, but lots of times there is a better land on the other side.
I was surprised to mistake Katherine (with her bright red hair) with her older sister Kali (who has equally beautiful hair this morning). Katherine is taller than Kali now.

No comments: