Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall 2013 October 31

70 degrees this morning, raining.  Didn't walk or bike, did stationary bike.  I always feel like I"m missing something when I don't do all of my exercises, especially walking.  When I don't exercise, I feel like I should have extra time, but I actually don't because I still need to read the papers, drive (rather than bike) to the gym etc.
Twelve years ago, October 31 was my last day of work at my last place of employment and tomorrow, November 1, I started here.  I actually traveled out here today and we actually had candy  etc. and ran out.  
Aliene and I both enjoy Lakeland (and Memphis) and it has been a great twelve years, no matter what may happen.  We experienced a different culture (to some degree), true "sweet tea" and the courtesy and hospitality of the Memphis area.  I am still amazed when we visit OKC (where I always though drivers were courteous) and feel like OKC drivers are a bunch of bad mannered drivers after experiencing the true courtesy of the Memhis area drivers.  I know, I know, there are bad drivers here too. 
Visit Dentist again tomorrow, hopefully last time before I have the "posts" put on my teeth implant area.  (I decided on "teeth" rather than "tooth" since I'm haven two implants.
I just discovered a neat "notify me" app in Evernote.  There is a minimum of fuss and muss and it is easy to put in a 'remainder" and set the time.  A quiet little notice pops up and I am reminded!  I have been trying to find some uses for Evernotes (and other apps) that are on my computer and iPhone, so it is nice to discover how useful it is.  I certainly have some apps that are overhyped and junk to say the least.
A "day of gray" today, since it is supposed to rain all day.

No comments: