Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall 2013 November 19 Tuesday

46 degrees, seemed cooler, although not bad.
One of my favorite times of the day is my "nap" after my exercise etc.  It is a welcome break following my exercise/ shower etc. and the work day.  I used to take a 17 minute nap, although now I take a 32 minute nap.  Some days I wake up earlier (normally at the 17 minute area), other days I nap the entire time.
Finished listening to "A Brief History of Time" this morning.  I may listen to "The Willpower Instinct" again.  I was talking with someone yesterday about how difficult it is to learn something and then actually put it into acton. Intentions are good, but living gets into the way!  The Willpower Instinct has some good reasons for this (you perceive a future without any of the hassles and interruptions of today) etc.  
Looking out my back window, the leaves have almost all turned and are now follow off.  (If you are reading this on Tumbr, a picture is available!) 
Approaching he holidays.  I always  enjoy the holidays, primarily because of the relaxed nature of life, having time to really talk with others etc.  Even the human interaction while traveling is usually better, people are friendlier and more social.  I've long past cared if I get any gifts, I would just as soon not get any, but it is fun to find the "just right" gift or card for someone.  Unfortunately doesn't happen often, but when it does it is fun.
Kali (Granddaughter) is going to be 14 years old November 29.  I do remember when I was 14 years old.  I hope she adapts better to the teen years than I did!

No comments: