Friday, November 29, 2013

Fall 2013 November 29 Friday

30 degrees this morning.
A very Happy 14th Birthday to my wonderful Granddaughter, Kali!.
Holidays are always strange as I try to decide how to lose unexpected available time and it is even more so this weekend, since I no longer have work to do, while before I could always work on a work project.
Thanksgiving was nice, I ate enough, but not too much.
Looking for work after you have spent years hiring other people is like hunting and having the animals suddenly start hunting you.  Actually, I don't hunt, so I don't know exactly, but I am reminded of "The Most Dangerous Game" story.
Driving down the interstate listening to electronic music, feeling a sense of freedom.  Maybe I should do one of "bucket list" items, either go to Dubai (I wanted to visit there ever since I read "The World is Flat") or visit New York City or the Panama Canal.  New York City is out, Dubai or the Panama Canal are possibilities.  Fun to think about it, but....  Kind of reminds me of when I got out of the Air Force and I spent months planning walking back to Kansas (from Hampton Virginia).  Of course, as the time got closer, time compressed (I got out in July and if I wanted to get my M.A., I had to start in August), so I never did it.
Of course, I have been planning my "ride with the summer" (start in south Texas and "ride with the Summer" as summer arrives  north to Canada.  Maybe follow the harvesters.  I remember the Harvesters from when I was a child, coming through in the Summer and harvesting the fields.

No comments: