Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fall 2013 November 21 Thursday

54 degrees.  
Started a new "listening book" this morning "Waterloo" by Bernard Cornwell.  Thus far, it is interesting, although rather grisly, but then that is what war is.
Busy week, getting agenda's out is always busy.  There is always one more memo or document you should write and, of course, you can always review the memos and documents for errors etc.  (No matter how many times you review them you will see the error right as the meeting starts!)
I read where Don Bown, the former OKC City Manager died.  I always enjoyed him when I met him at meetings, etc. (I was City Manager in a small town in the same County.)  He was City Manager at the time of the Murrah Building bombing and also what I call the resurgence of OKC with the development of Bricktown etc.  He was the right person at the right time in m opinion and a City Manager I really respected.

No comments: