Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall 2013 November 20 Wednesday

37 degrees this morning.  I thought yesterday the air contained a "bite" to it and the temperature this morning seemed colder than 37 degrees.
Started a new "listening" book for my walk this morning.  I quickly decided it is nor for me and i will search for a new book to listen to for tomorrow morning!  I won't mention the name of it. I used to listen to the author's "self help" books, but he obviously has gone to a different place as he aged.  Years ago (in my early 40's) I was a strong "self help" book fan and had some friends in the same age group who read a lot of self help books.  He is not the first one I have been disappointed in as they aged and I realized they hadn't really been practicing what they preached to say the least.
In honor of President Lincoln's "Gettysburg Address", I am including several pictures of his "County Cottage". (this is at RobertWherry.com).  I wanted to see it because this is where Lincoln went to get some peace and quiet and he actually rode up there by himself.  I like the thought of the peace he found her in the midst of what I am sure was chaos.  

No comments: