Friday, November 22, 2013

Fall 2013 November 22 Friday

57 degrees, rain.  Rain last night, most of night.  I was able to walk this morning, but couldn't cycle (outside).
Not sure what I think of "Waterlou", but current "listening" book.  I had heard of it before.  
Just checked Google.  This was actually written in 1990 and is "historical fiction".  He has written a number of historical novels, with a central character "Sharpe".  I usually don't listen to fiction on my morning walks, even "historical fiction".  I apparently thought this was a history book when I bought it.  I think it at least somewhat reflects historical information, so I may go ahead and listen to it, unless it gets boring, which it hasn't thus far.
Supposed to rain most of the day.  Although I realize rain is "good", I really don't like rainy days and absolutely hate driving in the rain. 
USA Today (iPad edition) really disappointed me yesterday (or maybe Wednesday) when they had no fewer than 6 stores about something called the "sexiest man in the world".  (I would say the same thing about either gender).  Why do they think I care? At least I don't have to sit through a story like I would on tv, i can just ignore it, which I do.  I never look at their "living" section which I assume is where such fiction belongs.
Overall, USA Today is the only digital newspaper I enjoy.  The Memphis Commercial Appeal does an excellent job on their "replica" edition, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal digital newspapers are not nearly as good.  

No comments: