Monday, November 04, 2013

Fall 2013 Monday, November 4

54 degrees this morning, hope the wind has decreased!
I enjoyed the "extra" hour yesterday.  While I realize it is a figment of unreality, it seems the day is longer and I have extra time every Fall Sunday when DST ends.  Of course, it also means i have to adjust to the "new" time.  It seems odd that it is easier to adjust to "Spring forward" when you "lose" an hour than "Fall back" when I  gain an hour.  It seems easier to adjust to losing an hour than gaining one.  For example, I have more of a problem waking up an hour early (that is not sleeping until 3 am., but waking up at 2 a.m) than I do the reverse, over sleeping in the Spring, which isn't a problem.
It may well be that something in the sunlight etc. causes that effect.  
Travel can affect me that way also.  I love going to the west coast where I "gain" two hours (and I just basically stay on central time as far as sleep), although I hate losing the two hours when I go back! On the oner hand "springing forward" an hour to the Eastern Time Zone bothers me for a day or two.  I think one reason is that I am so in tune with time in the morning between 3 am. and 8 a.m. (or 7 a.m. depending on the day), time is so important and I have a relatively strict schedule I follow in the early morning. The strict schedule includes a 27 minute nap that I have leaned I need to take, regardless of my schedule!

No comments: