Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall 2013 November 17 Sunday

70 degrees this morning.  Thunderstorms etc. although the  rain wasn’t too bad. It was  a "cold" 70 degrees if you know what I mean.  Wind is up also.
 Lights went out briefly and now internet is out.  Of course not having internet is a hassle, but at least we have electricity.  So much depends on having the internet.  (This was written about 7:30 a.m., it is now around 2:30 p.m.)
Internet, cable tv and phone was out until about 1:00 p.m.  Tried to set up hot spot and was frustrated again by having to waste time and call the "help line" and waste on hour on what wouldn't work.  (The internet came back right as I hung up the phone in frustration-my cell phone, since our land line was still out and remained out until 2 p.m.)  My frustration was increased by the fact I was just sending out some important e-mails when the internet went out.
Sunday is normally the day I get ready for the following week and it is going to be a busy week, so today is busy.  Have a wide variety of items to work on.  
Sun is out now.  Still around 70 degrees, but there is no doubt fall is here.  
Listening to "A Brief History of Time" this morning, I actually understood several of his concepts which made me fell a little better!
Today is Daddy's birthday, if he was alive, he would be 107.  i remember when I was a kid thinking about how I couldn't imagine my parents dying, (or me getting old for that matter).  Daddy died about 19 years ago now and I am actually old enough to get Social Security.  Somehow it doesn't seem all that odd, but it does seem like everything changed so fast, although fast like a frog in water where you raise the temperature gradually and the frog never even notices until he doesn't.

No comments: