Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall 2013 October 26

34 degrees this morning.  Fall is definitely here!  
It seems it has gotten cool earlier than normal this year, but I doubt that that is really the case.  For some reason October has seemed like a vey long month. 
Saturday morning, basically the start of the weekend.  Traditionally (for whatever reason) I don't make my usual coffee at home on Saturday or Sunday (although I may make a cup or two) morning.  I think I stared  it since we go out to eat most Saturday and Sunday mornings.  We are looking for a new "normal" Saturday morning breakfast place.  We are going to try several places before we become "regulars" someplace.  (We eat at Steak n Shake for breakfast on Sunday.)  We live near a lot of restaurants (Steak n Shake, Cracker Barrel, IHop, Bob Evans etc.), but it has been difficult for Aliene to find a place that has signifiant gluten free alternatives.
Considering whether "steel cut oatmeal" is worth the trouble over my current "oatmeal" (actually "one minute instant oatmeal), It is he same carbs, but lower glycemic index and it is supposed to be better.  I eat mine with blueberries (where available), strawberries,  and cranberries, so I get a lot of carbs (especially when I include honey, which i do sometimes.  

No comments: