Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall 2013 October 30

66 degrees this morning.  
Wednesday, work week is almost half over!  
Daylight Savings Time ends next Sunday.  While I don't like the shortened evenings of light, I really enjoy the "extra" hour on the Sunday when DST ends.  I try to make sure i am aware of the extra hour and use it.
Hearing the birds this morning reminds me of when we had the bird feeders.  We really enjoyed watching the birds, but it also attracted so many pests and varmints, we finally had to stop.  
Halloween tomorrow.  After ups and downs, we finally quit participating in giving "treats" on Halloween and either go out, or hole up without the front light on.  Some years we would have none, some years we would be out in a short time.  
I remember when I was i high school "shocking" sorghum (I think, maybe it was something else).  It was extremely hard work and you (or at least I did) always worried about there being snake in the shocks!   I don't recall ever getting "shocked" by a snake in the shocks,, but it was always a fear.
I remember the meals the farmer would make.  They are absolutely wonderful!  
Speaking of weight, I have maintained my current weight (5 lbs either way) for almost a year.  Time to go after that last 10-15 libs!

No comments: