Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall 2013 October 13


63 degrees, somewhat froggy.  As always, it seemed to have more of chill in the air.  However, good walk and ride.
Listening to Niall Ferguson, "The Ascent of Money:  A Financial History of the World" while I walk.  It is a fascinating book.  I will probably end up listening to it twice and/or buying the book to get the ideas out of it.  
Getting used to new listening device after my Apple 3rd generation Shuffles (the gumstick kind).  I don't care for the newer generation shuffles.  I am now using my old iPhone 3 I converted to an iPod Touch, and an ancient iPod with a very small screen.  They work well (in fact i use the old iPhone 3 for the books anyway, audiobooks don'w work on the 3rd generation shuffles.  It still amazes me how they work.
Tomorrow is "Columbus Day".  We don't get it as a "holiday" here, but it seems weird events always happened on Columbus Day when I got it as a holiday.  
Going to Apple store today, get Aliene's new iPhone started and I need to "clean" an old MacBook I am giving to Kali.

(Later in the day):  Wore shorts, t-shirt and scandals today, my favorite dress for hot weather etc.  Felt a little pain of regret as I hung them back up and I may not be wearing them again this year.  Overall, it was a great summer and I'll remember the Summer of 13 with pleasure and a warm feeling in my heart.  

No comments: