Monday, October 07, 2013

Fall 2013 October 7


48/50 degrees this morning.  Cool!  Dental surgery area still bothers me.  Rash has almost disappeared and my cold is gone.  
One thing I dislike about cooler weather is the extra time it takes to dress for my walk and bicycle ride!  Not a major thing, but the extra minutes count up in the morning hours!  It seems time goes twice as fast in the morning.  I call it "hypertime".  
A weekend of semi-relaxing and catching up on reading and work.  We spent some time trying to discard some items we hadn't used since we moved to this house.  We tried to look at items we never have used and determine if we would ever use it!  If not, we will liberate the item and donate it to the Disabled Veterans organization.  Hopefully they will make good use of it or sell it for their work.  
I am trying to discard one book at day, or at least a week!  It is really hard, every book has it's own story.  
We realized how much "stuff" we had and we decided it is time to get rid of it, plus in many cases we can use it on next year's tax return as a deduction, which is the primary reason.  
Back to my full exercise regime this morning.  Feels good.  I normally exercise in even the coldest weather, although I reserve the right to not exercise if it is slippery outside!  I actually got used to exercising in cold weather when I was in the Air Force and stationed in Goose Bay Labrador.  It SNOWED there and was COLD but I found I could walk if I wore the right clothes.  I actually rather enjoyed it.  Bicycling could have been a problem but I didn't bicycle back then.
Actually, I started bicycling about this time of year in 1999.  It was one of the best things I have ever done.  I developed a problem with my heels (I won't try to spell it) and I couldn't run my daily run, so I tried cycling.  I found I loved bicycling and I still do.
Going to be a busy week this week.  
I am now "reading" the book "The Willpower Instinct" after listening to it on my morning walk.  One thing they note is that what you eat can have a major affect on your willpower (as well as your health, immune system, weight etc.)
I can't eat dairy products because of some medicine I am taking for my dental surgery infection, so that will eliminate one of my major foods.  I believe diary foods lessens the effectiveness of the medicine.

No comments: