Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall 2013 August 19


57 degrees, clear
Read in the WSJ this morning that the "left brain/right brain" theory is NOT correct.  It is based on some experiments (that would not be ethical today, probably) on patients with epilepsy 50 years ago and was not a valid basis.  Somehow, this gives me a sense of satisfaction after sitting through, or seeing innumerable books and articles touting the "left brain/right brain" drivel.  It is so good to be proved correct that it is not true!  I'll discard any books I have on "left brain/right brain", although I doubt if I have any.
We are planning on trying a new place for breakfast this morning.  We have been going to Starbucks, and while I love their coffee and atmosphere, their breakfast just isn't very good and is expensive for what it is.  Their "wraps" are frequently either over or under cooked and generally just aren't good.  Their coffee is great.  Aline loved the coffee drink she ordered, but the milk was disagreeing with her.  
Halloween is coming up.   I never was thrilled by this event, to be honest.  Too much like extortion, kind of like when you are in a store and they ask you to "add a dollar" for THEIR favorite charity.  I'll give to where I want, thanks.  Of course, 50% of the time the clerk acts snotty about it, like you are in the wrong for not giving in to their extortion attempt.  (However, how to I REALLY know that the money goes to the charity mentioned?  I have not gone back to shop at several places after such an incident.)  Kind of like Sams and Costco when they try to hardsell you on their "premium" memberships.  
Glad the weekend is here.  Frankly, I could use the break.  
Sounds like a storm coming in, wind is up (7:21 a.m., Saturday, October 19).  A review of the "weather app" indicates a brief rain storm is coming in.  The information provided by the "weather app" is amazing as are many of the other "apps" and the way the "iCloud" works.  It is so nice to be able to make a note, calendar entry or contact and it appears on all your computers.   Apple products are wonderful (when they work like they are supposed to). 

No comments: