Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall 2013 August 17


57 degrees today, some light rain.  
Busy day today, business lunch, meetings tonight.  Walked, debating whether to ride my bicycle when it was decided by a light rain starting.  
When I stop and think about it, I am surprised by the number of people out at 4 a.m. to exercise.  Although I literally never talk with anyone, i feel a sense of connection to the people who are there every morning, especially the ones who have been coming at the same time (and usually use the same machine and park in the same spot) each morning.  Weekends, I am frequently the only one there.
My experiment of "eating first" (right after my post exercise/shower nap) is working well.  It seems to help me control my time.  It takes an amazing amount of time to eat in the morning.  I try to "multitask", but it still takes time to cook the oatmeal, cut up the strawberries (when I am out of blueberries I eat strawberries), cut the apple and even the time to eat breakfast.  It is probably somewhat complicated by my reading the on-line edition of the USA Today while I eat, which can take time. Amazing how much time you can waste by trivial or frivolous things.
That is what always irritates me about things like light bulbs going out, tangled cords, etc., not the act itself, but the time it takes.

No comments: