Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall 2013 October 11


61 degrees this morning.  Dental surgery area feeling better.
Decided to live life on the edge this morning and change my morning routine!  Instead of eating breakfast right before I go to work, I ate it right after my nap (about an 1 1/2 earlier).  No real reason, except I hope it stops the last minute glitches that make me head out laster than I planned.  
I have decided to stop using the "draft" folder on e-mail.  It just gets me in trouble when I occasionally (and I mean very rarely) forget and leave something in my draft folder.  Of course, it is always something important or that I am embarrassed I didn't send.  I originally used the draft folder to give me time to go back and review important e-mails but....
Halloween is coming up.  For some reason, it is a day that I have have cared for, even "trick or treating" when I was a kid.  When I was in the 7th Grade we had a "give a penny for UNIEF (or something like that).  I went out and collected a bunch of pennies-I worked had at it and was proud of myself- when I got back, I realized I had asked for "a penny" while we really supposed to ask for "donations" and so my amount was woefully below everyone else.
Also in the 7th grade, I started a "Grit" (a weekly newspaper) route.  Sometimes almost freezing myself (I remember getting back home and my Mom putting my feet into hot water to get them warmed up) I built it up to 60 copies or $3.00 "profit" per week.  I felt like I was rich!  We moved and I sporadically started paper routes again, but never to that degree. 
Looking out the back window, I noticed the first obvious "turning" of the leaves.  Of course Fall is here and Winter is coming.  
We had to stop the bird feeding because of the varmints and pests it attracted.  We miss watching the birds.

No comments: