Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall 2013 October 23


52 degrees this morning, clear.
I am both surprised and pleased that two of my iPod Shuffles (the old chewing gum stick size) still have battery and appear to be healthy.  They are at least six years old.  
Watched "Jarhead" last night on Netflex.  It was a lot better movie than it was a book, at least when we listened to the book, we weren't impressed.  The movie is ok.  We don't watch a lot of movies (due to time).  I have probably watched less than 10 movies in the past 12 years.  I enjoy movies, but haven't got the time, either at home or at the theatre.  We didn't really even intend to watch "Jarhead", I just happened to see it and turn it on.
Amazon raised their price for free shipping, in an apparent attempt to persuade people to use the $79 plan.  Actually, except for the no sales tax, I have never cared for Amazon that much.  Their customer service is horrible and I can normally match their prices, if it wasn't for the sales tax break.  Or like yesterday, I was looking for a "Fitt One" and found one on Amazon for $69, everywhere else at $99.  I thought, I'll grab that and then found there was a $30 "Shipping and handling" charge!  Kind of what I have come to expect from Amazon.
I heard yesterday that "of all the persons in history who have even lived to 65 or over, 50% of them are alive today".   I'm not quite sure how they know that, but it is an interesting statistic.
Dental appointment today, hopefully it will find that the area of the dental surgery is healing well (for two teeth to be implanted) and the implant procedure can proceed, although he next step ("planting the poles for the implanted teeth) won't happen for at least 3 more months.  

No comments: