Thursday, October 03, 2013

Fall 2013 October 3


66 degrees this morning.  Still a little sore from dental surgery.  Rash appears to be slowly going away, maybe the medicine is working.  
I really miss bicycling and hope the rash clears up enough I can ride.
Listening to a book about "money" on my walk.  Rather interesting, as long as I concentrate on listening to it.  One problem with listening is my mind can wander and then I miss an important part of it and I can't go back and view what I missed.  (E-books, while not as difficult to go back, have the same general problem).  I don't know if I subconsciously hear the information even if my mind is wandering or not.  I think to some degree it does, at least the message gets through.
Is it true that "when one door closes, another door opens"?  Usually, I have found this to be true, although as my Uncle John mentioned, "sometimes it gets a little tense until another door opens".  I guess technically another door opens no matter what, whether it is a door to better or not if a matter of interpretation and perhaps opinion.  I think you could always say that the closing of one opportunity automatically opens other opportunities, just as making a decision closes other opportunities.  
I am always a little stunned by how fast the days get "shorter" (daylight) as the year progresses.  I never think of early October as the days being so short, but they are.

No comments: