Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall 2013 October 21


45 degrees, I can feel the cold creeping in
39 years ago today I started my first "real" job working for a City, the City of Liberal, Kansas.  I drove around early in the morning and looked over the City.  I don't remember a lot about my first several days, except the City Manager showing me my office and advising he wanted me to get a grant (which I did).  
I didn't have any idea where it would lead me 39 years later.  I still remember after I had been there several months and standing in line for  a movie, I thought "I help make the lives of everyone in line better" in my job and a chill went down my back and I was hooked.
Found some blueberries finally.  They were relatively more expensive and they didn't have a lot of them but I took one tray of them.  I ate some this morning and they are excellent quality, so I hope the great blueberry famine of 2013 is over.  I blended in some strawberries and cranberries also (into my Oatmeal that is).  I missed the blueberries and hope they are in generally good supply.  

No comments: