Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Fall 2013 October 9


54 degrees.  Dental surgery still bothersome.  Rash almost gone.
Enjoyed my walk and bicycle.  
The days are getting shorter.  Looking at my coffee filters, I always wonder how such a stack of thin filters can be used to measure time.  The stack of filters gradually (incrementally) gets shorter, measuring time in an almost invisible manner.
Put out a lot of stuff we haven't used for years (and never will) for the Disabled Veterans today.  It is hard to give away stuff, but I do notice I buy a lot less "stuff" as I get older.  I read once that possessions are a burden, and that is certainly true, although that has be counterbalanced with the value the give to our lives. I am sure tomorrow we will find a use for something we threw away, but....I 'm still glad we are rid of it.  
Both of my iPod shuffles (early generation, about 7 years old) ran low on battery today.  I went ahead and used one and took the other one with me.  By luck, the first one went completely out right as I got back from my bicycle ride.  It is hard to beat Apple products when they are good.

No comments: