Sunday, October 06, 2013

Fall 2013 October 6


59 degrees this morning, rain.  Dental surgery area is still bothering me, but we'll se.  The rash is almost gone, thank goodness. 
Didn't walk, did drive to ATC and do stationary bike etc.  I don't know how much good the stationary bike really does for me, I enjoy it and like the feeling I'm multitasking and reading my newspaper while getting same exercise!
Worked on "Evernote" last night.  I've had it for years (even pay for the "premium" editionI), but don't really use it that much.  I decided I would learn how to use it.  It is impressive.  The lead learn time is rather long to really learn anything but the  basics, but I learned some procedures that will help.
One of my secret vices is reading some of the "comics" in the daily newspaper.  Sometimes I even learn something or find a special way of making a point.  There is a brother and sister, the sister comes in to lord it over her brother than she is going shopping with their mother.  The brother advises her he doesn't want to go shopping and it means he can do what he wants since she will be out (watch his favorite tv show etc.).  The last panel shows her crying to her mother that she doesn't want to go shopping, she wants to stay home!  A classic example of decision making.
Anther task I am trying to get resolved is put "Audiobooks" on CD's.  I decided I am going to tackle this and get it resolved.  While audiobooks on mp3 are nice, the CD's are still better until they made a better player.  Auditobooks have been less than helpful, almost adversarial on this, but hopefully finally learn to make a backup disk for use in the care. 

No comments: