Monday, May 09, 2016

2016 Spring May 9 Monday


67 degrees this morning, no walk.  Not quite ready health wise.  Feeling a lot better, but don’t want to take any action that may start me coughing etc.  

I always wonder why technology can’t provide a better tire.  Not that tires aren’t wonderfully reliable and normally last a long time, a great feat in itself   

However, it seems they should  have improved preventative measures against flats and “ruined tires” from damage to sidewalls.

Of course, right as I started somewhere yesterday my “low tire signal” came on in the car.  Far from admiring the technology that would allow such a signal, I was substantially irritated by it!  I seems it could come on a a more convenient time!

So far in the “new” car (prior to 15,000 miles)  we had two “ruined” tires.  

Of course, the dealer had expensive “extended warranties” for everything but tires, the one I would have purchased.  

I also have to wonder about the poor quality tires that would be on a new car that two of them would be ruined within 15, 000 miles (one at 5, 000).  

Anyway, it seems by now they should have a reasonably priced, reliable “self healing” tire of some sort!  I know they make “run flat” tires that are super expensive and not too reliable, but they should be able to do much better than that.  

I remember reading a comic book years ago where one of the characters invents a car which doesn’t take gas and he is quickly chastened to not do it since then all the people who work in the gas industry wouldn’t have a job!  

Not that I want to be hard hearted about people losing jobs, but that is not a good reason to prevent progress.

Perhaps the lack of progress is in not having adequate programs and support (and there are good programs, just not enough of them) in training people for new jobs.  

Anyway, sometimes I feel tires must be that way.  Even with their amazing life span (many for up to 70,000 or more miles), they still are woefully suspect to flats, being ruined by debris etc.  

Recently got started on “Instagram” again, more as a simple way to keep photographs sorted as much as anything.  While I do take most photos on my iPhone, I still take some important photos on a regular camera and it is difficult, or at least a pain, to move “regular” photos to Instagram.   

I kind of have in mind  an account for a “photo blog” plan, one for vacation pictures, one for family events etc. 

One thing I found about Instagram it is easy to switch accounts, and you can make at least one account “private” which is kind of a private photo album.  

Like many projects, I just hadn’t “gotten a round tu it” as far as learning anything about instagram  I think it was another case of not being perfect, so I didn’t start it because I wanted to be perfect and I didn’t have the time merry-go-round!

Anyway, I decided I knew I wasn’t going to be perfect, and I wasn’t going to take the time to even try.  I was just going to get started!

Thinking about it, that is the way I have started on lots or projects (including computer programs).  Programs like Evernote, etc. I would have simply never have started on if I was afraid I wouldn’t be perfect.

Goes back to the concept that if you don’t make mistakes, you aren’t trying, which I have found to very true! 


That’s it for now, Monday, May 9, 2016.  

No comments: