Friday, May 06, 2016

2016 Spring May 6 Friday



58 degrees this morning.  No walk (coughing etc.)

I use one of my favorite tunes, the opening notes from “Spring” of the “Four Seasons” to wake up from my naps.  (I don’t use any kind of an alarm when I wake up from my night’s sleep).  

I may start using an alternative so I don’t develop negative feelings towards it from being woken up by it!.   

Of course, I consider my naps as “meditation sessions” rather than naps.  Actually many times I don’t fall asleep, other times I am asleep before my head is down.  

One of my goals is to see the Four Seasons performed live.  I may even stay awake for the entire performance!

I have heard it performed (in recordings) in so many different ways, it probably would not seem like the “real” Four Seasons no matter how it was performed!

I learned I may have “walking pneumonia” rather than bronchitis (or maybe in addition to, I’ m not sure).  Probably not good no matter what, except it is better to know the reality rather than wonder about the reality.  

Changed the medicine somewhat, and will help get to the bottom of what is wrong, hopefully treat the cause rather than the symptoms.

I guess “putting out fires” rather than treating the causes is the reason for a lot of problems that go unresolved.  

Anyway, I am ready to get back to my ‘normal” life that included at least some exercising!  

Yesterday was a “field day”.  I went ahead and actually didn’t have any major problems.  I was concerned about the  effect of car air conditioning, wind, doing a lot of talking etc. but overall it seemed to go ok.

In a lot of ways, it was a great day, in that I got to talk with some businesses in depth and I hope in a constructive matter, which is really the objective, to get situations resolved.

Glad it is Friday.  While it will be a busy weekend, it also will be an opportunity for me (and some serious medicine) to allow me to totally recover from whatever I have seemed to have had for the past several months.  

Although I would seem to “almost” get back, I would suddenly develop symptoms of coughing or whatever again.  I always seemed to feel I was on he verge of starting coughing again etc.  

Each year I used to go to the “International City Manager’s Conference”, a gathering of City Managers and officials literally internationally.  

I haven’t attended the past few years, but this year it is in Kansas City, so it is basically an affordable conference.  I am debating whether I will attend or not.  Obviously it is something that is in my blood and it will keep me in contact with the profession.  

On the other hand I am in a different field now, one I enjoy, and I don’t know if I will be getting back into the profession or not, in any capacity.  

I keep thinking that at some point I may try to become involved again, either in a volunteer type capacity or as a living (perhaps as a consultant type of work).  The conferences really are a good way of catching up and keeping up.


That’s it for now, Friday, May 6, 2016. 

No comments: