Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2016 Spring May 25 Wednesday



76 degrees this morning, Walk 35:22 minutes 

It is always strange to know that the sun will be “up” longer each day until Summer begins and then the day gradually starts to get “shorter”, not to get longer again until a winter and long, long Spring has passed.  

Such is life.  One reason I try to enjoy each day in the moment.  

Maybe next year, somewhere in the middle of waiting for warm weather we will take a trip to someplace warm and hot and get a break from the cool weather.  

Even this morning, at 76 degrees, there seemed to be a tinge of coolness in the air, although I forget that is normal around here.  In Memphis it may cool a little but not like here, probably the rain.  

“Hailed” last night a little, about the size of peanut M & M”s at the most, still you could see the potential for damage!  A short rain, and then it was basically over, although there is a lot of moisture in the air.

Biked yesterday, no coughing thank goodness.  Too early to tell if it will continue (the no coughing) or not.  Felt good to bike again.

We have the punching bag and the “heavy bag” set up now, so I was able to get a workout on both the heavy bag and the punching bag.  

I don’t know if it really benefits me in any way, but it is fun.

Also am increasing the weights slightly so I continue to “challenge” my muscles 

Riding the bike, I know I have to get back to the machines at the YMCA.  Basically need to “limber up” my legs and I’m sure there are other areas I’ve neglected that I will need to work on.

I will also return to swimming which I really missed during the coughing spell. 

I’ve had some area and some additional items added at work, while I always had something to do, it feels good to be busy and always have a multitude of tasks to do.  “Looming” over me so to speak.  

I still feel I have the time to take extra time with the customers who need it and still have time to do justice to others without getting behind.  

It is odd how the work day seems to take on a life of it’s own (especially “in the field”), each case becomes very much a focus and the day develops into an intense race with “myself” as I try to complete as many cases as possible.  

Three day weekend next Monday.  I always  enjoyed Holidays since I was “really off” on holidays.  

In my past job, I knew if I got a phone call on a holiday, it normally was a true emergency.  

Of course, in my current job, I can’t work holidays or over 40 hours per week.  I have gotten used to evenings and weekend’s off, while I used to work two or three evenings per week on a normal basis. 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, May 25, 2016.

No comments: