Tuesday, May 31, 2016

2016 Spring May 31 Tuesday



69 degrees this morning, Walk 31:24 minutes (decided lightning was just a little too close, it was time to turn back early on my walk!)

Well, another state team choked in the finals.  Somehow it seems all teams in this state choke in the finals and can’t win “the big one”.   While I don’t watch or follow pro basketball (I really don’t see the purpose and it is boring and is basically the same to me as pro wrestling, but that is just my personal opinion), I obviously like to see the local team win.  But that’s life.  

Probably everyone in every area thinks the same, since only one team can actually win the finals, but choking seems very prevalent here for the  state sports teams.

If anyone gets upset about me pointing that out, I should say they are criticizing the messenger and not the message, which is correct by any empirical analysis.  

I finally broke down and decided to get Amazon “Prime”, not for the videos, certainly not the free shipping, but for the “unlimited” storage.  

Of course, true my experience with Amazon, you have to to read he fine print with a very large magnifying glass (probably with a light so you can see all of it), only PHOTOS are included in the “unlimited” storage.  You have to pay more for unlimited files, videos etc.  It is only $59 per year, but….

So, now I am in the processing of uploading about 400 GB of photos and other files.  It takes a long time, but I have to admit the final product is reasonably good.

The process of uploading has been a real pain.  It was relatively easy from the iPad and iPhone, but from the MacBook, it  has been a long and torturous process

I actually have my photo’s saved in Google photos and Flckr, so maybe I am being a little to safety conscious, but….  

One reason I bought Amazon Prime is I am tired of Apple’s continued price gouging on the iCloud.  I really like Apple products, but their short-sight view on memory for the iPhone etc. and charging for iCloud the way they do will eventually come back to haunt them.  

While I originally thought “renting” the iPhone from them was a good idea, I’m not so sure now.  First of all, they didn’t brother to tell you it is handled through a credit card company, so it is another credit card on your credit report.

This may not always be a problem, except at the time I was buying a house, and the Mortgage Company went nuts about another credit card suddenly showing up.  

Also, I just really don’t see the advantage to the program. You pay full price, and never own anything.   Some of the phone companies have similar programs which appear to be much better.  As the first year approaches, I”ll see.  

The only real advantage you can “trade up” each year, but they really don’t make any major improvements each year.  

Had a very nice 3 day Memorial Day Holiday.  Overall the weather was nice.  It is amazing that it is already almost June 1.  

Soon we will have been here two years and I will have been in my current job for two years.  As I have noted before, somehow it doesn’t seem as if has been that long, in other aspects it seems like it has been forever.  


That’a it for now, Tuesday, May 31, 2016.

No comments: