Thursday, May 26, 2016

2016 Spring May 26 Thursday



78 degrees this morning, walk 33:52 minutes

First morning walk of the year in shorts and short sleeves!  

What a day Wednesday was!  

I am starting (at least temporarily) an additional “territory” of work.  I really enjoyed the new businesses and people.

It was one of those days when everything just clicked.  If someone I needed to see wasn’t there, they suddenly walked in, a business normally closed at Noon (and opened at 4:30 p.m.) and I got there at 11:55 a.m., sometimes the person I needed to see was just leaving etc.

Anyway, I realize every day isn’t like that, but it is nice when you have one!

To top it off, I had to take the turnpike to one customer, I happened to see a person who knew exactly who I needed to see, called her and she was waiting on me when I got there!  

On the way back, as I as getting on the Interstate, “Turn the Page” came on the radio, one of the songs I really enjoy putting  the sunroof down, pushing down the accelerator and singing along with!

(To make it even better I was going a little over the speed limit-as someone said once, rock music is good for an extra 10 mph) and slowed down for some reason and about a minute later a highway patrol comes past!)

Had a chance to bike and walk with Aliene at the end of they to top a great day off!

I remember  the person who said “rock music was good for an extra ten mph” actually said it when he was in municipal court for speeding!  It wasn’t said as an excuse, just in a matter of fact way.  

The Judge kind of looked at him, smiled and dismissed the ticket! 

I have never had to use it as a reason, but…..

Actually yesterday, for some reason, the super music continued after “Turn the Page”, music I like sing along with anyway.  

Hopefully I will be assigned the extra territory on a permanent basis although I really doubt  it that will happen.

Because of the way the job is set up, I always have enough to do, but I kind of like to have tasks “looming” so I can keep working at top speed.  

Makes it a lot more interesting.  

78 degrees when I get up to walk probably means summer weather is here, hopefully permanent, at least until it is over.  

I like summer so much more than winter or, almost worse, the long, long spring until it is summer.

I own’t be in bicycling shape this year to ride in any of the long rides, maybe next year.  

I may need to change my concept of my “ride with the Summer”  (which five years ago, I thought would be this year or last year), but this year, at least at this location, “spring” is so long, I may need to change my “ride with the Summer” to much later in the Spring that I was thinking.


That’s it for now, Thursday, May 26, 2016.

No comments: