Thursday, May 19, 2016

2016 Spring May 19 Thursday, (Happy Birthday Angela!)



53 degrees this morning, walk 34:54 minutes.

Happy Birthday to my daughter, Angela!  I remember the day she was  born like it was yesterday!  Time flows fast.

I realize now my memory is correct and it really doesn’t warm up most years until late May.  That is why Winter always seems to linger through most of Spring.  In about a month Summer will be here.

Listening to War and Peace still while I walk in the morning.  I am actually surprised I am enjoying listening to it and agreeing that it is a great book.  

I believe it was written about 150 years ago, and even then about an event that happened 60 years before that, but it still has a lot of current meaning.

I doubt that I really follow the characters all that well, although thus far I have been able to follow the general trend and recognize the different characters involved.  

I’m not sure what makes a good book, I guess  one what keeps your interest and makes you think, or at least keeps your interest and tells a good story.  

My reading patterns have changed, probably due to a wide variety of factors including changes in my life, the amount of time spent on internet sites and other activities etc.  

I think so many of the books of authors I enjoyed at one time were  becoming “same old” reading.  Sometimes I like that, sometimes I don’t. 

I think one reason I look forward to listening to books (in my walk and in the car) is that I can focus on listening to the book.

I still get into my own dreamy world when I am in a bookstore and see all the books or look at books on the internet and see all the books I haven’t read that I would like to read!  

In a way it is comforting to know that there will always be another book I want to read.

Another dream.  

5-18-16 Wednesday

Dreamed Aliene and I were in a private house.  

Aliene was talking to a woman, something about pillows (I believe).

A man (I suppose her husband) came over and asked me if I read a magazine something like “Systems” magazine or some type of technical magazine like that that involved a lot of pipes and electronic equipment.  

I replied I am not mechanical minded, but I had read it and didn’t understand it, just read it to familiarize myself with it.  (I do do this)

He bought over 4 magazines and a poster of approximately  the same picture and asked me to “find the same  picture”.  

Of course I had no idea what he was talking about and was trying to figure out how to get out of it (Aliene was still talking) when one of my Granddaughters came of and said “Oh you get miracle living”.  

The apparently was a magazine, at least in my dream.

I woke up.


That’s it for now Thursday, May 19, 2016:  Again, Happy Birthday Angela!

No comments: