Friday, May 13, 2016

2016 Spring May 13 Friday



58 degrees this morning, estimate 33 minute walk (forgot to shut off stop watch at end of walk)

Sometimes when I am going down a busy highway, walking in a crowded mall etc., I wonder,  “where is everyone going”, “who are they”, what are they thinking etc.  

Most of all, I wonder why they are in such a hurry, frequently with expressions of concentrated fury or at least intentness on their faces as they dart in and out of traffic.

Cars develop the same personalities as people, some rude, some nice, some indifferent. 

Of course, there will never be an answer to that question, but it is still interesting to think about all of the cars or people, and each one has their independent plans, wishes and thoughts.  

I’m not sure what the effect is. In a way it almost should make one person and their plans, hopes, wishes and destination insignificant since there are many.  However, it doesn’t, your plans, destination etc. are still important in spite or maybe because of the crowd of cars, people.

I say you destination, plans are still important because of the crowd of cars or people, because if everyone wasn’t like this, there might not be any interstates, freeways etc. since the people have to be there to use them for them to be built.  (With some exceptions etc. such as political “bridges to nowhere” and simple miscalculations)

Of course you could also argue that if the roads, facilities, malls etc. weren’t built people wouldn’t need them because they wouldn’t exist for people to use.

Anyway it will always be an unanswered question as to where everyone is going, and why they are so intent on getting there fast.  

When I see an accident or a car broken down, I think about all of changed plans that one incident create, not only the people involved but also the people who are  slowed down by it or impacted by the actual accident or breakdown.  

When I am on a bus or plane etc., I feel a sense of shared destination with the  other passengers, even though that really  isn’t true, at least as to final destination.  I never feel that on the highway.

Actually I thought about that this morning while I was walking.  Of course I also think about it when I’ve driving down the highway or in a mall.

I think it is almost the same thing about hotels.  I wonder who stays in all of the new hotels being built?  Where did they stay before?  

This city has a tremendous number of new hotels being  built, literally thousands of rooms.  I understand about conventions etc., but the rooms have to be rented on a regular basis, and I really wonder where they are  going to get enough people to stay in the rooms.

These aren’t cheap hotels, and they don’t seem to be displacing any existing hotels.  I will watch and see what happens!   I have to believe that people who are experienced enough and  can  fund the cost of a new Hotel must know what they are doing!
Friday already and already almost the middle of May.  Time goes fast.

I really notice time in children.  They change and grow so fast.  Unfortunately they don’t realize how fast time goes, so they probably don’t enjoy each phase of growth, always looking forward to being another age.  

Of course, that changes as you age, although even then, so many people  are looking forward to change and don’t enjoy the present.

That’s it for now, Friday, May 13, 2016.

No comments: