Tuesday, May 17, 2016

2016 Spring May 17 Tuesday


69 degrees this morning,  No walk, heavy thunderstorms and rain.  Some of the heaviest rain I have heard.

I was pleased to get an e-mail with a link to a review of studies on naps basically confirming that naps are/can be good fro you.  

As anyone knows who reads this, I have been a “napper” all of my life.  I agree with he theory that a short nap is a wonderful thing.

I think of a nap as a short vacation from the day, and now I function much better when I have my naps.  

Most of my naps are in the 20 minute range, with most in the 21 to 27 minute range or the 8-11 minute range.  The study noted that the “idea” nap time is 28 minutes.  

The study noted that is a nap is over 30 minutes, you may wake up feeling groggy.  I have found this to be true so I rarely take more than a 30 minute nap.

I have known the power of napping since I was a kid, I remember taking naps in high school, and of course in college.  

Currently I take at least two and sometimes three before I go to work.  If I take three, obviously my last one is my “commuting nap” of around  7 to 10 minutes right before I go to work.  Of course, I have been known to take a 3 minute nap, it just helps refresh me before I start work.

It isn’t always sleeping as much as it is a break win the acton, so to speak.

It is difficult to take nap during the day sometimes, since culturally, napping isn’t really seen as a positive thing, even thought breaks are known to be positive for work performance.  

I know it is amazing when I am driving long distances, that a short (3-5 minute nap) can completely get me going again aden make me alert.  

While I haven’t had a chance to do anytime but scan the article (I needed to take a nap!), it did note the overwhelming positive effects of napping and even gave some hints on napping.  

Speaking of napping, one benefit (I think) is some of the dreams I have.  In any event, I ry to summarize my dream for future reference.  

This is actually a dream from last weekend (after a nap)

5-14-16:  Saturday DREAM

Dreamed in a City Hall I used to work at where the City Commissioner held meetings.

For some reason I was there  and a photographer helped me to take some pictures. and he asked me to help him take some close up pictures.

I assisted for some reason, he was intent that I assist.  

Somehow a bunch of printers ink (apparently from the camera, which doesn’t make any sense, but remember this was a dream)  was spilled on the carpet the carpet.

I was tying to help out by cleaning up the spot and I realized I had gotten my heel i it and had tracked it all around on the floor.

I went to the photographer who said it probably couldn’t be gotten out.

The custodian for the building started trying to clean the spots.

I woke up.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, May 17, 2016.

No comments: