Sunday, May 22, 2016

2016 Spring May 22 Sunday



71 degrees this morning, walk 33:47 minutes

Hard to believe that 71 degrees could seem “coolish”, but it did during my walk this morning.  I hesitated about walking without something over my mouth even at 71 degrees,  but it worked out ok.

Thinking about incompetence, you can’t help but think about the other side, the diligent, dedicated people who do their best and do an excellent job regardless of pay, good or bad supervision, or even working conditions. 

I think I actually see more of the good than the bad, in fact I see a lot more good than bad as far as seeing more people who are dedicated to doing their best.  

I don’t know what causes the difference, which I guess is what all the debate is about-what makes a person excel and what makes a person who a little is “good enough”.  

There really isn’t any pattern that I have ever seen.  Education, background, age, etc. don’t seem to matter.  

Although after my thoughts yesterday, I think one important factor is how a person reacts when they get into the position of authority.

By “authority”, I mean as supervisor, Manager or whatever, including elected officials.  

Some react with excellence, others that I thought would be good have become megalomanic  despots (so to speak).  Others have assumed there position had a lot more “power” and authority that it did, others never efficiently utilize their authority.

Perhaps training in supervision is one of most important aspects of training we can do, including training in motivation.  

Certainly laws need to emphasize training for newly elected officials, both in the laws they have to follow and techniques.  

Recently I made a comment about “streaming” music, I tried a free “streaming” app (iHeart) and I can see the advantages.  

Mainly, I found some stations that had “only” violin music, which is kind of neat.  Not that I couldn’t set up a playlist of only violin music but this gives me the chance to listen to something different also. 

The big problem I see is that, like many “Facebook” entries etc., advertisers seem to think being arrogant and disruptive is the only way to advertise.  It seems they could learn a better way of advertising than being disruptive and obstructionist.

It is like advertising is a child who has never grown up, always screaming “look at me”.  Of course, you don’t necessarily mind it in a child, but somehow it seems as companies should have learned by a better means of getting their message across.  

The local “Apple” store is currently renovating into one of the new “concept” Apple stores.  I am looking forward to seeing it.  

However, my MacBook Air is approaching the end of the warranty (one extended warranty I always get), and the “temporary” Apple store doesn’t work on MacBooks. 

Means I have to go to an Apple “authorized repair facility”.  Not a big deal except I have to find a faculty, decide if I can trust them or not, etc., but that is one of the problems with change.


That’s it for now, Sunday, May 22, 2016.

No comments: