Monday, May 02, 2016

2016 Spring May 2 Monday



50 degrees this morning.  No walk, due to coughing and cold. (head cold not outside temperature!)

Two years ago, we were landing in China for the start of our China journey!  Also, the 2nd marks one year and 10 months that we moved to this area and one year and 8 months in my current job.  

I can now start saying I have worked at my present job “almost two years” for the next four months and then start saying “over two years!”.  

The two years have flown by (or rather the “almost” two years) have flown by and yet it seems like it has been forever, if that makes any sense.  

My cold (my Doctor advised it sounds like bronchitis and he is calling in some medicine for it) continues, although it seems to have improved some.  It is still miserable to cough all the time, and I am sure Aliene is very tired of it.

It is good to have a Doctor (not just good almost unbelievable)  who will read your e-mail on a Sunday and take action!  

I have been coughing since Wednesday night, so I am getting very tired of it  and hopefully the medicine will help. 

Put up the LED bulbs we had bought yesterday.  It was definitely an education.  

I did find out what happens when you drop an LED light on a hard floor!  It didn’t shatter, but it developed a riddle inside and didn’t work!  At least it was one of the cheaper LED lights.  

We put LED lights in areas where the fixture is a hassle to change and lights that are on a lot.  Overall, we are pleased with the light they put out etc.  

Some rain last night.  The temperature  of 50 degrees in the morning has not helped my bronchitis, I am ready for Summer temperatures!   

Now we are starting to look at the yard.  I am going to try to identify each plant see if it is a plant native to this area, or if it is one that is non-native and just sucks up a lot of water.  

I feel we have a lot of excess plants, but then I am not a fan of hedges etc. unless they provide some function such as privacy etc.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for any plant that has blooming flowers etc., it really does add something to the yard, whether it is a native plant or not.  

Probably my favorite blooming plant (or maybe it is a tree) is the Crepe Myrtle  It starts blooming in mid Summer and blooms for several months, at least it did in Memphis.

I just think it is such a waste to waste so much water on plants that aren’t native, maybe not in yards, but certainly in parks, public ares of subdivisions and businesses.  

I always think what a waste and shame it is to see water flowing down the street etc.  

I always thought cities should take more action on “reusing” water, for example treating sewer water to the point it is safe for use as landscaping water or to water the grass etc.  

It may make you cringe a little bit, but sewer water is already treated to the point where it is relatively safe when it is discharged  Probably not to the drinking stage, but it is safe for animals and fish etc.

With that thought…..


That’s it for now, Monday, May 2, 2016. 

No comments: