Tuesday, May 03, 2016

2016 Spring May 3 Tuesday



43 degrees this morning!  No walk, have “bronchitis” .   Probably am gong to call in “sick” today, so I can get some rest (coughing wears you out), plus I am coughing too much to really be effective.

Yesterday was an “office day”, which basically went ok, except I had to limit phone calls due to coughing.  Obviously I can’ go in the field like I am.

The medicine called in by the Doctor is starting to work, but it still takes a while.

Of course, my major concern is why I m suddenly getting bronchitis so often.  Could be a lot of reasons.  

One thing I hadn’t thought of before is that using disinfectant on my hands all the time may be making me susceptible to diseases since I am basically not allowing the natural immune system to work.  

I got an e-mail about it this morning and need to study it some more and look up some more information provided in the e-mail but it makes sense.  

I think it is kind of like if you don’t allow a child to get natural immunity, she may pick up a lot more illness, since she doesn’t develop natural immunity. 

There are also some other factors involved, but it is something I am going to have to look at.  

Anyway, I am tired of coughing and very ready to get it over with!  Hopefully the medicine and a day of rest will do the trick.

I am going to research some myself, plus ask the Doctor about possible causes.  

I believe one of the worst things you can do is “assume” something.  Probably more problems are caused by “assuming” something than the convenience of “assuming” provides.  

I’m not really thinking about my Bronchitis, although even “assuming”  it is Bronchitis without really investigating may create problems.  

Actually, this is on another subject where “assuming” a situation exists just because it fits some previous  situation or assumptions is dangerous since it could lead to an incorrect action based on the assumptions.  

 I recently gave a speech (to Toastmasters) which included comments about the dangers of “assuming” something.

For example, it could create problems for me if I “assumed” someone knows more than they know about what I am talking with them about.  They may not understand any of it (for good reason!) or they may have an entirely wrong assumption, which can be a real problem.

I think “assuming” is a short-cut in thinking, which can be ok, if your assumptions are correct.  
Of course, “If your assumptions are correct” is the key.  

I always have a hard time requesting a day of Sick Leave for illness (as opposed to a Doctors Appointment etc.).  I assume it comes from observing the small number of people who abuse Sick Leave and I am cringing at the thought someone would think I am abusing it..  

Of course, working in an office, you feel a little better because no one wants you around when you are sick.  Working from home, only you know.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, May 3, 2016.  

No comments: