Friday, May 27, 2016

2016 Spring May 27 Friday



69 degrees this morning, walk 37:28 minutes  

Friday before Memorial Day. Time flies, and yet it doesn’t!  

As I more or less expected, the State Legislature here, after gutting programs for education, programs most  benefiting lower income working people, cursing benefits for state employees etc. now is voting itself a 30% or so increase in their “computer and staff” allowances!

Of course, they already pay themselves as one of the highest paid state legislatures and that is for 60 days per year!  That doesn’t count all of the “benefits” they provide for themselves.  

Sick.  

I am definitely going to vote against anyone who votes for that appropriation!  

Of course, they won’t use the funds for state purposes, but instead to research programs than pander to the lowest prejudices of the legislature and their supporters, and that only costs legal fees when the programs are declared unconstitutional.  

Of course, not one penny of the corporate welfare was cut.  

The weather is definitely warming up and becoming nicer.  I’m not sure if the weather is part of it, but my coughing has ceased, at least for now.  

As I have always heard, “if you are healthy you have everything” and I can understand that saying.  

Three day weekend coming up.  I always enjoy Holidays, and Memorial Day is probably one of my favorite Holiday, since it is the beginning of Summer. 

Going to the CMA Festival later on in June.  Not sure if this will be our last one or not.  Or at least we may take a break.  

The Festival organizers have changed their focus over the years and it now seems targeted at raising money for their cause and they have forgotten the true purpose of the Festival.  They have lost their focus and are trying to be too many things to too many people.   Also, it has gotten lot bigger than it used to be and it is harder to get in to places,

Anyway, we still enjoy it and that is the major purpose.  

This year we are also stopping along the way and visiting some friends and we are looking forward to that.  

Listening to “War and Peace” still while I walk. It is a very interesting book, I will have to “read” it in the near future. 

I was surprised to look at the “time remaining” this morning and there is still about 44 hours left!  Even that is more than any other book I have listened too.  

Thus far, it is very interesting to listen to.  I have some problem keeping all of the characters straight, but it has been easier than I expected to keep a general idea.
A “field day” today.  Hopefully it will be nice weather.  I will mainly be in my “new” territory, finishing up visiting businesses in this area. 


That’s it for now, Friday, May 27, 2016.

No comments: