Wednesday, May 18, 2016

2016 Spring May 18 Wednesday



55 degrees this morning, Walk 35:17 minutes

Starting to wonder if Summer weather will ever arrive.  Of course, I know it will, but sometimes it seems to make forever. 

Speaking of incompetence, one of the most irritating things is the salespersons who has read to many sales books from the “experts” who say “never take no for an answer” and apparently take it literally.

This recently happened in our neighborhood where some salespersons (a local company even where word passes fast, especially with Nextdoor, Facebook, Texting, Twitter etc.!

I have encountered sales people like that in all parts of business, who seem to think you will buy something you absolutely have no use for and don’t want if they only harass you enough, and “see the value” of whatever they are selling.

Of course, the more useless the product, the pushier they are, until, i assume they (hopefully) see the light and either sell something else of go into another line of work.

One concern is that that they are really checking for possible weak areas where they could break in.  We are starting to use the alarm a lot more!  

However, the good thing is that there are now so many security cameras in use, there is usually a record of persons who invade neighborhoods trying to sell.

The sad part is, it is a broad brush that takes away the true opportunity someone who does simply want to expand their business, but “door to door” just may not be the way to sell anymore.

A related sells technique is phone calls.  I really don’t mind a simple “I’m here” call from a local insurance company etc., but the continuous calls from someone who can’t take “no” is especially irritating. 

Worse, is the companies who somehow use someone else’s number (always the same prefix and mine) to call and attempt to get me to tell them my credit card numbers.  They are simply crooks and all the phone company will do is tell me to change my phone number!  

Another dream:

Tuesday, 5-17-16:  Dream

Dreamed we were attending a conference.  It was Saturday morning and we were going to one of the sessions.  

We were walking to a conference type building when I suddenly realized I didn’t have any shoes on, just socks.  

For some reason, it didn’t bother me. 

Aliene left to do something and I say down.  

Somehow I had a package of cold cuts and cheese in may hand.

Someone confused me with another person and introduced me as the wrong person, and I didn’t say anything

Suddenly I was sitting in a facility  like a metro  bus  or train station and a man and women were there.  The man was suddenly intrigued by what I was doing with my iPad and he said he had learned something new.

I was thinking about texting Aliene to see where she was, but I  couldn’t text because people were talking with me.

A man sat down and called my be another wrong name (a different wrong name).He was extremely tall and I had to stretch  to even shake his hand.

I woke up.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, May 18, 2016.

No comments: