Thursday, May 12, 2016

2016 Spring May 12 Thursday


67 degrees this morning.  Walk 33:29 minutes

I was thinking this morning of how the “new’ becomes the “standard” so fast.  

We used to be amazed by iPhones etc., now we assume they will work and get upset if they don’t.  I remember the early cell phones and there is really no comparison. 

Ditto with cable tv and copying shows.  I remember when video taping with video tape was amazing.  Now we get upset if the DVR doesn’t record something just right or if we can’t watch a topped show in another room!  (Like they promised us we could!).

Even last night I noted that Apple may (and it is a big speculative “may”) shut down iTunes.  

Personally I don’t have any use for “streaming” music.  While I like think I like to listen to music, I really don’t listen to a lot of music, and I have more than enough on my iPhone, iPads etc., plus I get XM etc and a “streaming” music service would just be a waste.  Between podcasts, news, audiobooks etc. I have plenty to listen to.  

I believe I like the idea of streaming music, but just like HBO etc., I really don’t have the time to utilize it.  

Sometimes I wonder who finds time for all the new things.  I really don’t understand how someone can really have the time or patience to watch all of the shows “everyone” (except me I guess) watches, videos,  learn and operate computer programs and still time to read several books per week!  

Anyway, I am just glad I am busy most of the time or doing something I like to do without worrying about what other people are watching, doing or reading.

Like anyone, I wish I had more time, but I don’t, even though I do everything possible to conserve time and not “waste” time.

As I noted the other day, “small” increments of time, money or whatever lead to large amounts, so I try to eliminate any small time wasters of something I don’t enjoy to allow for something I do enjoy.

Still undecided about reading the daily paper. I enjoy reading the physical paper, but also I enjoy reading internet news, although most of them have too much about “celebrities”, sports,vapor news, and worst of all, much “opinion” disguised  as news,  that I really don’t enjoy reading them.

I used to enjoy reading the on-line USA News, except it just has too much “junk” news on celebrities, sports, opinion carried as “news”  etc. and too much video (with the accompanying ads  of course).   I actually deleted the app.

Probably I should enjoy video more, but I don’t.  It just takes too much time and much of the time is poor quality.  

Hopefully I can get rid of my cough etc.  I feel a lot better, but still feel I am close to coughing.  It is wonderful to get aback to walking, and hopefully I can return to bicycling and swimming soon.

Summer may finally be here.  67 degrees this morning although it was a “cool” 67 degrees.  I still worth my “face” items that cover my mouth and reduce the level of “exercise induced asthma, even in the best of times. 

Anyway, like always I intend on enjoying the warm days while they are here!


That’s it for now, Thursday, May 12, 2016.

No comments: