Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2016 Spring May 24 Tuesday


72 degrees this morning, walk 34:53 minutes

“In the Field” day yesterday.  I am always amazed how ever day is so different, and normally seems to take on a life of it’s own as the day proceeds.  

I have been lucky in that I have had interesting jobs all my life.  I can’t imagine what it would be like to hate to go to work because it is boing of uninteresting.  

Maybe I can, because there have been short periods where I first started a job, or jobs in college etc., where it was hard to find much interesting about the job!  However, even it it wasn’t interesting, normally other people were interesting.  

I meet a lot of people during the day on a “Field Day” and I love to see the variety of jobs and businesses people have and how so many people are deeply involved in their job or business.  

I have tried to analyze (in my mind) why some people are interested in their jobs or businesses and other people aren’t and are bored.  

I can definitely tell the difference in service  Even some chain stores (where I take a break), I can frequently tell if a good manager is on duty by the service or, specifically, the “tone” of the place.  

When I take a break, I normally catchup on  paperwork also, so I develop a sense of the “tone” of the place, and whether the personal are happy or stressed or care or just don’t care.  It is frequently very subtle, sometimes obvious after several minutes. 

It still doesn’t explain why some people are interested and “happy” (for lack of a better word) in a job or unhappy and stressed.

Sometimes I think it is “hope” that matters.  Knowing that a job has potential, or maybe even seeing the job as a transition to a dream job is important.  

Perhaps the opportunity to actually enhance your own job is important as opposed to following some strict rules that you can’t change.  

72 degrees this morning, and I didn’t really notice the “coolness” in the air that much.  Maybe Summer is finally here.

I’m not even sure when the sun has shined (shone?)-I looked it up, it is “shone”- all day.  It seems every day is cloudy.

I am getting used to the CPAP machine, to the point I actually look forward to using it.  My main problem has been getting new supplies,  I really don’t know why I am having such a problem getting new supplies.  

I won’t go into detail on what has happened, but see my previous posts on “incompetence” and I am sure the company who provides the machine and supplies has it’s picture to describe the term “gross incompetence”!  

I am always amazed at how persons in private enterprise lake about how government is so Bureaucratic  and incompetent.   It may well be in many instances, but I have seen much worse in private companies than I ever see in government.

Strange that the “private enterprise is so efficient” people are always the first to say their business needs government assistance while they complain about the government.    So much for efficiency. 


That’s it for now, Tuesday, May 24, 2016.

No comments: