Monday, May 30, 2016

2016 Spring, May 302016 Monday (Memorial day)


67 degrees this morning.  Walk 35:45 minutes (estimated, forgot to turn off stop watch)

Some rain last night apparently, but mostly dry by now.

Enjoyed my second day of walking in my new walking shoes.  I had forgotten how nice it is.  

The Person at the shoe store (he actually has a medical degree in some sort of foot specialty) advised my current (or now past shoes, I’l call them #13, since the new ones are # 14) were worn out and I  shouldn’t wear them even for causal wear more than a month or so.

Of course, I will probably wear them for causal use for another five years.  I don’t know what he would say about the first pair of shoes they sold me. (This is the 3rd pair of shoes I bought there).

Aliene thought it was better to change shoes every day.  The Shoe Doc said that was correct, and it had several advantages, one the shoes would last about 50% longer, and the variety was good for your feet to work slightly different muscles.

He also advised us os something I didn’t know, that Ecco shoes has a “shoe renovation” program, which I am going to try on my old Ecco shoes.  

Thinking about Doctors, I think I realize why I like some Doctors and don’t necessarily like others (I respect them, I just don’t care for them personally, I don’t “dislike” them, I just don’t rally like them, there is a big difference).

The one Doctor sees me as a person, the other Doctor sees me as a patient or maybe a body part.  Not a bad thing either way, but I view them in the same way.  

I think that is one I try to do at work, and have always tried to do.  See someone as a “person” and not just as a “Citizen”, “resident”, or, in my case now, as a “case” to get finished. 

While it doesn’t mean I don’t keep a business distance, I also try to see the person as a person and not just a case.  Maybe I don’t really “try” as much as it is just the way I view people, if that makes any sense.  

Rather strange dream last nigh, since I didn’t write it down right afterwards, I have probably forgotten most of it, but it woke up and it took me a while lot realize it had only been a dream.

In the dream, for some reason, I used an old key to get into a City Hall where I used to work.  No reason in the dream, I was just gong to go in and look out of curiosity  

Of closure the alarm went off and I didn’t have the code, so I ran out and had all kinds of  worrying about what I would do if someone had seen me, if there were security cameras etc. 

I don’t remember much else, except at the end I was going down a gravel road (kind of the road a the farm where I grew up, there was a high hill) and I was stopped by two Police officers who stood on one side of the road toad two long snakes lying down on the ground on the other  side of the road.  I know, doesn’t make any sense.

I think it may have come from a book we are reading where someone goes into an apartment.  Anyway, it took me a long time to realize it was just  dream and I had a long sense of  relief.  

Bought a pair of 25 lb dumbbells yesterday, I had a 20 lb set and a 30 lbs set,but no 25 lib set, for some odd reason.  Anyway, a 10 lib increase would have been too much but 25 is just right to keep me advancing without being too much.

Also found nice air compressor (on sale even) that will be nice for airing up my bike tires.  Fell somewhat like a wiener for using an air compressor, but that doesn’t bother me nearly a much as using a manual air pump.

Happy Holiday!


That’s it for now, Monday, May 30, 2016.

No comments: