Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Winter 2013 December 31 Tuesday

23 degrees this morning.  
It was cold out there, didn't feel too cold until I came back from the gym (on the bicycle) and hit some wind going down the hill.  I usually wear a bandanna on my head, but I needed a hat this morning!  Actually, it really wasn't that bad and I was able to get my full exercise program completed.
Wonderful day today after the cold weather this morning.  We had some minor things done at our house and I went to the Apple Store (Aliene's phone developed ringing problems and they replaced the phone and I did some work on some computer programs while I was there.).  I have been working on some creative aspects of the programs such as keynote etc.
I am always pleased at the little things that happen that are so pleasing, an e-mail or call from a friend, something in the mail I was waiting for or, like the other day, I actually heard both the "Four Seasons" and "Canon in D" on XM radio in one trip!
I always am surprised when the realize the full capacity of iPads, iPods, iPhones etc.  I can actually listen to any specific song or music anytime I want to.  It is still nice when I hear a favorite song or music unexpectedly.  
As far as Resolutions, I really don't make them at New Year.  I may made some promises for improvement to myself at anytime, but I normally don't do it at this time of year.  I also never (unless requested) do "year in review" type stuff, because while I hope I learn from the past, I just normally don't have time to rethink the past.  Doesn't mean I don't note events or happenings and hope to learn from them. 
I will always remember 2013 as the year "the world without end, ended".  I knew it would happen sometime, too bad it happened in this way.  My first Mayor told me he thought of the City as a ship going down the river, people get on, people get off, but the ship keeps on going down the river.  
As far as another year gone by, I am beginning to fully realize the problem older people have in the common perception by many people of what older people can and can't do or what they are going to do.  I think everyone assumes I am going to die or retire shortly, or I don't have new ideas etc. or whatever.  I can understand some of the comments I have heard in the past. 

No comments: