Friday, December 20, 2013

Fall 2013 December 20 Friday

61 degrees this morning, felt colder, probably due to wind and cloud cover. The roofers are already working on the house next door.  Almost every house in our subdivision has had a new roof except ours.  Not quite sure how our roof escaped the storm, although it probably is the right people haven't checked it out!  
Last full day of Fall 2013.  I have to admit, I am ready for 2014, and even Winter to begin, since it means the Spring and Summer is only closer.  I will see some major changes in my life in 2014 (or that itself will be a  major change!). The shortest day of the year tomorrow (I believe Winter actually starts at 5:06 p.m. or something like that, but as far as I'm concerned, it is the first day of Winter.  
Didn't bicycle this morning, just too windy and  I was concerned abut it raining.  
In the late 80's, I started collecting ti-shirts (either "event" t-shirts or promotional t-shirts, with the thought then I walked and exercised I would wear them.  I probably have over 300 such t-shirts now (sometime I will have to count them), including he ones I put away as way too big, although I like large t-shirts.  
Of course, now I wear only "athletic", "wicking" special t-shirts/jerseys etc. when I exercise!  Which means I have all the t-shirts for daily wear, so I have a lot t-shirts that never see the light of day.  Like my books, I have an extremely hard time "weeding" my t shirts, especially the "event" t-shirts and even the promotional  t-shirts to a degree.  I like the idea of giving them to someone who can and will use them (the t shirts) and read the books!  
Now that I have time (or at least expect to have time, it hasn't happened yet), to read all of those books "when I get time", I will see which ones I actually need to keep!
When I was about in the third grade, I was bored to death (no TV, computers etc) and I started reading my brothers and sisters high school literature books.  I started collecting them years ago and finally have all of them I believe.  I still have a lot of nostolgia about them.  "Alas Babylon", I didn't understand until I read it years later and I was scared every time I read "The Tale-Tell Heart" and "The Hitchhiker" etc. I am amazed at how the meaning of the stories changed as I aged and I looked at them from a different perspective of both age and experience.  For the most part, I think I did understand "The Most Dangerous Game", "To Build a Fire", "Our Town", "The Road Not Taken" etc. I wonder how they shaped my life and thinking.
The last day of Fall 2013 "and how the time does pass". 

No comments: