Thursday, December 05, 2013

Fall 2013 December 5 Thursday

70 degrees.  Rode bike this morning, got caught in the rain on the way back.  Since I don't ride in the rain much (although I'll have to learn), I took it slow and easy.
I noted with regret that the one "regular" radio station I listen to, KRXO 107.7 in Oklahoma City, has converted to a "sports talk" format.  I found that hard to believe, but it is apparently so.  What a waste.  I got tired of listening to regular FM/AM radio because of the DJ's who think laughing for long periods is entertaining, crude "jokes" on people, vulgar language etc.  I'm really not interested in their personal opinions.  Fortunately there is XM radio, iPods etc., so it works out better anyway.  I still hate that 107.7 converted, there music was always good and probably caused me to drive about 10 mph faster.  No speeding tickets due to it thank goodness.  Ocassionally XM will have a DJ, so I turn to another channel.  I called and asked them why they had a DJ and they said some people prefer it since they "want a friend" on their morning drive.  Fair enough if that is what they want, but I"m still switching to a non-dj format.  
I keep thinking some day I'll learn how to use Evernote.  I think I got it and then it gets buggy on me and I can't trust it.  I plan on taking some time every day just working on Evernote and see if I can figure it out.  It seems to crash a lot.
70 degrees this morning, but the REALLY cold air is apparently coming in.  Probably freezing rain Friday and Saturday.  Freezing rain is a lot worse than snow (in my opinion).  This time, unless it affects the electricity, it probably won't be a major factor for me (other than inconvenience) since I don't have to get out anyway.  
I have not had to adapt much to "every day is Saturday" yet since I have been busy with a variety of meetings, Dr. appointments, meal appointments etc.  i am sure it will hit soon.  
Watching a tape of "Mad Money"  Jim Cramer is truly amazing on he tv program, as much an actor as anything, but also knows what he is doing.  I also enjoy his books and other web offerings, but his tv show is really where he shines.  

No comments: