Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter 2013 December 22 Sunday

53 degrees this morning.
Heavy rain last night, no damage that I could see.
The lights blinked this morning for just a second (enough to start the clocks blinking) and then I found we didn't have any internet or cable tv.  One of the times I am glad I maintain a backup DSL accent, which is working fine.  We depend a lot on cable/internet electricity!  The DSL, with the  home phone, is almost free, so it has been worth it, although it has created it's own problems at times.  And it has been extremely hard to get ATT to come out if there is a problem.
Comcast can be just as bad, but at least they have a local office.
Went to a "Christmas Party" over the weekend.  One of the events was a 'dirty Santa" gift exchange.  I ended up with a very nice Christmas Tree ornament.  I am very pleased with it, not because it is a nice looking ornament, which it is, but that every time I see it I will think of the friends and the occasion, but especially the friends involved. I have always thought I should give a nice "disposable gift" (something to eat, flowers etc.), but now I think if I had gotten that i wouldn't have the Christmas tree ornament  for years to remind me of the good times here and my friends.  One of those small, but big, important happenings that define your life.  Sometimes it can just be a look or a comment.  
Winter is here, which isn't all bad, because it means the days will start getting longer until Spring is here! 

No comments: