Friday, December 13, 2013

Fall 2013 December 13 Friday

25 degrees this morning.  I'm starting to sound like I just repeating the temperature!  This is about as long of a cold spell as I can remember since moving here.  
Went to a "Breakfast Briefing" yesterday morning.  I was good to get out and visit with people and learn something.
Need to update my journal for the International City Managers Association (ICMA)  "Credentialed Manager" designation.  I have to attend (and report on) 40 hours of training each year to maintain it.  It is a great program.  I have prepared my notes, just need to put them in the journal and get it uploaded by January 1.  It provides me with a good summary of what I learned during the year and how I used it.  
Still learning how to use "Evernote".  I read an article in the New York Times yesterday and made me want to expand beyond the little I use it for now.  It is valuable to pay for it, but I really don't feel I even come close to using it's full potential.  For example, I saved the article on Evernote to Evernote, but now I can't find it!  I will keep trying.  The article mentioned doing one small task at a time.  I always tell purple who want to learn computers or programs to "decide what you want it to do" and they will learn better.  I strongly  believe that, I just need to start practicing what I preach!  I will save this to Evernote every day just to help myself learn it.  
Only a few more days until Winter and the "shortest day of the year".  December 21, I believe

No comments: