Saturday, December 07, 2013

Fall 2013 December 7, 2013 Saturday

24 degrees this morning.  The good news is the "freezing rain" wasn't really a problem.  I woke up this morning expecting to see at least frozen streets etc.  Hardly disappointed I didn't, I was glad it was relatively nice.  I did my walk and almost road my bike to ATC, but decided I would drive to ATC since I didn't know if I could see frozen areas fast enough.  While it is cold, it really isn't that bad.  
Saturday.  I am glad it is a relatively good day so we aren't stuck inside.  At least on December 21, I will know we are on the way to Spring!  I had planned to have to be inside all day, but I think (unless it starts freezing rain) that it will be a cold, but nice day.
I walk almost every morning and walk past a neighbor that is involved in my current situation. This morning, I was thinking, I hope he is enjoying counting his 30 pieces of silver (figurative speaking).  He is probably a little too close to (and his head to far in) the "seat' of power, again figuratively speaking, to smell the roses or see what is really going on .
Aliene is going in for a "stress test" Monday.  Probably ok, but the Doctor thought she shouldn't take a chance. She started having pains after the meeting before Thanksgiving and went to the emergency room where they didn't find any heart problems.  However, there isn't any explanation for her chest pains, other than anxiety created by the current situation.  I'm actually doing fine, since I have had time to prepare for it and I know that "what goes around comes around" (karma will happen) although it won't help Aliene or I. I have heard enough about the other persons involved to know that it won't be good for Lakeland. "65% of the vote (actually 65% of the 15% who voted, which is more like 9%) doesn't mean they are right or they voted for any specific action.  People gag when they hear that quote.
My Mom would be 101 if she was alive today.  I remember when I was a child thinking it was unthinkable that she would ever die.  Then I watched her age and I realized there is no exceptions.  She died in 1997, so it has been sixteen years.  Time goes so fast.

No comments: