Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fall 2013 December 19 Thursday

45 degrees this morning.  
Time seemed to get away from me this morning.  I am trying to maintain my normal routine in the morning (basically be done with reading paper, exercise, eating breakfast, my morning nap, reviewing e-mail and writing this journal) by 7:30 a.m.  I'm letting something slip someplace!  I don't like the "activities expand to fill the time available" type of feeling.  
Another beautiful day today.  
Finished "And the Mountain Echos".  I refrained from noting any more quotes from the book, although it had some excellent thoughts and quotes.  I had a little problem following it at times, but it was really an excellent book.  
I am trying to increase by stamina on riding the bicycle to eventually ride some long distances.  While I ride my bike almost daily, it is a short "commuting" ride and I need to ride my bicycle more to build up to longer rides.  My bicycle ride won't be near as safe due to the failure of the City to "accept" a million dollar grant for a bicycle/ped trail down Davis Plantation (from Highway 64 to I-40 bridge).  That is a very dangerous area for both bicyclists and walkers.  The "Mayor to Nowhere" called it a "trail to nowhere", ignoring the fact that this road is a real danger to walkers, bicyclists and motorists and serves (probably) about 3,000 residents and this would not only provide healthy living but also access for employment and shopping for people in this area.  Same with not spending $70,000 to correct hazards at the City Hall Park. What is it worth to avoid injury to children? There won't be  lot of children  to attend the new school if such thinking continues!  
Christmas is less than a week away.  This has obviously been a strange holiday season. I always enjoy Christmas and holiday music and never seem to spend the time I plan to listening to it.   I am looking forward to 2014. 

No comments: