Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fall 2013 December 10 Tuesday

28 degrees this morning.  However, it was dry and I was able to do all of my exercise including walking and cycling to the ATC Fitness Center.  I was relieved to get back on my normal exercise schedule, cold though it may be!  Actually it didn't seem as cold this morning at 28 degrees as it did last night at 32 degrees, although I think the wind was the reason.
Ophthalmologist yesterday (Dr. Passons).  Eyes are good, thank goodness.  He advised the cataracts he saw developing when I saw him about 11 years ago are still there, but are still very slow growing.  Everything else looked ok.  I did get a prescription for new glasses, although he advised me it was only if i needed a new set of glasses, or just wanted them.  I will get a new pair.  It has been at least 4 years since my last pair.  He is a super Ophthalmologist (he is packed and has about a 4 month lead to get an appointment), but I still don't like the drops in the eyes or the light examination or the dilation of my eyes!  I like it because both the doctor and the staff are all excellent.  
Looks like a sunny, nice day today, although it will remain cold.
Went to the Apple Store yesterday.  As almost always, a great experience with  the "1 to 1" program.  That is the major reason I buy Apple products, and the heck with Android or any other phone, iPad, iPod or computer, regardless of the price!  They really care.  Also, I have two "gumstick" iPod Shuffles (one cratered on me, I originally had three) that the battery is still good on, after at least 7 years and an iPod (80 GB) that the battery is still good on.  Plus an old iPhone 3 and 3s that make an excellent iPod touch since the battery is still excellent!  On the other hand, I do have an ancient Nokia phone (at least 6 years old) that the battery is still good and it makes a low-cost phone to take on my exercise with me.  Also, on the the other hand, in my opinion, the Apple iPod Shuffles after the "gumstick ones" aren't very good and they languish in my drawer (I only purchased one of each).  
Soon it will be Winter officially.  At least that means the "shortest day" of the year is over and the days start getting longer! I am always surprised at how the forest at the back of my house changes with the seasons.  In the winter I can literally see right through it, in the Spring and Summer, it is a complete mystery.  

No comments: