Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fall 2013 December 14 Saturday

43 degrees.  Almost seems warm!  Rain most of night, still some rain this morning.  Supposed to be a good week, weather wise, here next week.
We finally made a decision on the "Christmas t-shirts" yesterday.  (It is a secret).  Every year, we purchase a t-shirt for the adult children, grandchildren etc.  It has to be a place we have actually been, so one hint is it is in Memphis or Lakeland!    
I am looking forward to attending "Toastmasters" again.  I haven't attended for a long time since there weren't any meetings around that were close and even reasonably convenient.  I always enjoyed the meetings and speaking and am looking forward to attending some meetings.  I have kept my membership although I have a feeling it may have lapsed when I didn't get an invoice.  For those of you in Toastmasters, I was an ATM-S.  I understand this has all changed, and after 12 years it probably will be good for me to start all over anyway.
Still working on "Evernote".  I hope I can find a short course in it.  I think it could be valuable, but it seems to have some flaws, although maybe they are "user" flaws!  I have a hard time investing the time in learning a program I may not use, although if it works as claimed, it would be wonderful. I still haven't found the article I saved to Evernote (about Evernote!).  
ATC Fitness had a good music station on this morning.  I really like they way they keep it clean and replace items (like shower curtains) on a regular basis.  
I have to admit, NFL Pro Football just isn't getting my attention this year (or really even for the past several seasons).  I watch and think "so what, it's only about the money".  I still enjoy college football and college basketball.  Somehow pro football just isn't interesting any more.  Like they are going through the motions.  Maybe it will get better as the playoffs approach.

No comments: