Saturday, November 01, 2014

Fall 2014 November 1 Saturday (Gone Girl and Formula One)

Fall 2014 November 1 Saturday  (Gone Girl and Formula One)

39  degrees this morning. 56:02    minute walk, Three earthquakes in last 24 hours.

New month is here!  

Aliene and I went to see “Gone Girl” last night.  It is quite a movie to say the least.  

We had listened to the book and so had a general idea of the story line.  The movie was very true to the book.  We really enjoyed the movie, it kept you on the edge of your seat!  

Listening to “Lonesome Dove” and very involved in the book.  I checked and it was written 29 years ago.   

I was surprised that one of the more interesting characters was killed early in the book.  Although it is 29 years old and I doubt that anyone who is interested hasn’t read it, I won’t spoil it in case you haven’t read it!

It makes me wonder how in the world people survived and made it back then.  When I think of traveling through some of the country back then, I have to think these were amazing people.  

Lonesome Dove pointed out the dangers of even the plains,which could be as dangerous as rivers, mountains and treed areas.

For some reason I am a “Formula One” fan, and I normally tape the races and watch them.  (I especially like the announcers) 

The Formula One race is in Austin Texas this weekeed.  Some year I will try to a trend either the Austin Grand Prix or maybe the Beijing Grand Prix! Not on my “bucket list” , which isn’t a surprise since I don’t have one, I hope to    attend some year.  

Had my “field day” with my “lead” Friday and seemed to pass ok.  I enjoyed it and learned a low.

Monday, I start working out of my home office.  Normally I would have a “field day” 3 days per week (which actually includes several hours of office time) and a “office day” spent on research two days per week.  Kind of depends on what works for me individually.  

I am looking forward  to it

That’s it for now,  Saturday, November 1, 2014

No comments: